Friday, May 8, 2009

May Flowers

I have some assorted flower pictures from the few moments this week when there was light coming from behind the thick paste of clouds.

The first of the year's peonies trying to bloom. I just love the delicate blushing petals and they smell wonderful when they're all in bloom.


Watching the sun set.


I bought this perennial at Lowe's. I can't remember what it's called, but I think it is so unusual and interesting.


Some wildflowers I brought back from a walk...and what's that? Could it be? Sunshine!

This week has been nothing but rain and clouds. I was actually kind of relieved because I put in some creeping phlox and some other flowers, plus a whole lot of wildflower seeds. The daily showers got me out of watering duty and hopefully the plants will be established from all the good watering, so I won't have to drag the hose around.


1 comment: