Saturday, January 10, 2009


I worked all spring to grow little sprouts into plants I could put in the garden. I even talked to them and called them my "babies". Yes, I am that crazy...but look at what they did.



The gate that my dad and I built and the morning glories on my DIY trellis.


The four o'clocks smelled sooo good. As soon as I walked out the back door I was hit by their perfume. I love the paint splash colors, too.


The garden didn't do well this year. I think it's going to take a few years to get the soil in good condition. The ground was solid clay when I dug it up and even after tilling with compost there were huge chunks of clay.


The brick was painstakingly laid and by the end of summer the ground got so dry that the whole thing caved in the middle, so I'm going to have to re-do it this year and I might have to use cement. Those bricks came off a pile of crap that's on the back of the property. They're the old fashioned kind that are each unique and worn smooth over time. Some had moss growing on them, too, which I love.


The herbs. I miss having fresh herbs. I can't wait for next summer. Just looking at this picture I start craving garlic chives and mashed potatoes.


These are the Peonies in the front of the house. Supposedly the ants are necessary for the flower to bloom.


I love that in the summer I wake up early enough for there to still be dew on the flowers. I miss summer and my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment